In this privacy statement we inform you about how we deal with Personal Data provided by you. This privacy statement applies to Narrative Labs.
We use the following definitions in this privacy statement:
· Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
· Processing: any action or set of actions concerning personal data. This includes collecting, recording, organising, storing, changing, consulting, using, providing and erasing data.
Narrative Labs offers native-English copywriting services to both companies and private individuals; both nationally and internationally. In the execution thereof, we process Personal Data. In doing so, we take into account applicable laws and regulations, which impose requirements to how we process your Personal Data. This includes requirements regarding security and retention periods.
Narrative Labs has a Privacy Officer who deals with the compliance of the data protection rules . If you have any questions in that regard, please contact us.
What Personal Data do we process?
To perform our work we may process Personal Data. Below is a (non-exhaustive) list of Personal Data that we may – depending on the work required – process.
- First and last name
- Function and title(s)
- Company name
- Contact and invoice address
- E-mail address(es)
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Citizen service number (BSN number)
- Passport copy
- CV, motivation letter and assessment results
- Financial information (if required for the performance of the service and/or invoicing)
For what purpose is your Personal Data used?
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide good, efficient and effective services to you;
- To contact you with regard to our services;
- To contact you if you have applied for a job with us;
- To invite you to an event.
All Personal Data is processed based on one or more of the following principles:
a) Processing is required for the purpose of entering into and execution of the agreement between you and Narrative Labs.
b) Processing is required to comply with statutory obligations.
c) You have granted your permission for the Processing.
d) We have a legitimate interest for the Processing.
Do we share data with third parties?
Narrative Labs will not share any personal data with third parties, except if this is necessary (i) for our services to you, (ii) to comply with your request, (iii) for our professional and legitimate purposes or permitted by law, or (iv) when required or permitted under law and regulations. In some cases, Narrative Labs may share your Personal Data with external companies or service providers for our services to you.
If Narrative Labs provides your data to a third party, we aim to ensure that the third party – in the same way that Narrative Labs does – handles the data with the greatest care possible. The third party must be able to guarantee that your data is carefully protected and will not be used for other purposes.
Are cookies used?
- functional (necessary) cookies to ensure that the website functions properly; and
- analytical cookies to gain insight into the use of our website. This enables us to improve the website in terms of quality and effectiveness.
- Narrative Labs uses Google Analytics. For information on the use of Google Analytics please click on the information page of Google Analytics.
What measures are in place to protect your Personal Data?
Narrative Labs takes appropriate security measures to ensure that your data is protected against loss, misuse and unauthorised access. In addition to technical measures, we have taken various organisational measures. E.g., information is only accessible to persons who actually require access to this information in order to carry out the work. We periodically evaluate and review the measures taken.
Your Personal Data is stored for the purpose of providing our services to you. Your data may be stored for a longer period, in order to comply with the statutory storage periods or because of a legitimate interest. If data is stored, we will ensure that it is secure. If there are no reasons to retain data, it will be destroyed.
What are your rights?
Pursuant to the law, you have a number of rights, namely:
- right of access
- right to rectification
- right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- right to restriction of processing
- right to data portability
- right to object
If you want to make use of any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact our Privacy Officer (see above).
What should I do if I have a complaint?
Narrative Labs makes every effort to ensure that you, as our the client, are satisfied. However, if you have a complaint please contact us, through our Privacy Officer. If we, however, cannot help you, you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Privacy Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens)
Narrative Labs reserves the right to make periodic changes to this privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last modified February 1st 2020.